Allspice, also known as Jamaica pimenta, Turkish yenibahar, Pimenta, Myrtle Pepper is the unripe and dried fruit of a midcanopy tree which is native to Southern Mexico, Central America and the Greater Antilles. The tree is now cultivated in several warm regions of the world. Allspice was coined as a name by the English in 1621 as he thought that this fruit is the combination of nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon. Primary use of this dried fruit is in cooking. It is used as a flavoring in various foods. Oil extracted from leaves, bark and seed is utilized to scent foods, cosmetics and several other things. The dried seed is also used for medicinal purposes.
Allspice is a very beneficial fruit. Some of its crucial benefits include increase in circulation, relief from pain, mood improvement, immunity system boost, lower blood pressure, inflammation reduction, protection of gastrointestinal system and elimination of fungal infections.
Benefits of the Allspice Liquid Extract
- Allspice has the ability to alleviate pain and lower inflammation in the body parts. Active ingredients in this herb have chemical compounds which help in eliminating inflammation and gives relief from muscle aches, arthritis, gout and even hemorrhoids. It has some determined analgesic components which lead to pain reduction in cases of surgical recovery and injury.
- Allspice has certain antifungal and antibacterial effects specifically in terms of bacterial in the stomach. While helping the gastrointestinal system to function smoothly, allspice also provides protection from the outside attacks.
- The rubefacient and calming effects of the organic components of allspice make it ideal for calming the stomach and facilitating healthy digestion. Eugenol, present in allspice helps in eliminating digestive issues like nausea, constipation, vomiting and diarrhea while reducing excess flatulence and bloating. It also eases down the cramps ultimately easing the entire digestion process.
- The presence of chemical compounds in allspice like tannins, eugenol, quercetin and others makes it a very potent antioxidant which helps in neutralizing and eliminating free radicals from the body. The high content of vitamin A and vitamin C in allspice is also responsible for the antioxidant activity.
- Allspice contains significant levels of iron and copper which is ideal for the boost in circulation. In addition to it, the rubefaciant aspect of allspice acts as a stimulant and provides warmth to the body. It also helps in creating certain enzymes which are important for the overall metabolism.
- The antibacterial, antiseptic and antimicrobial aspects of the spice also help in boosting the dental health. It promotes healthy gum and dental health by protecting from bacterial pathogens.
- Potassium present in the spice has a positive impact on the health of the heart as it releases major tension of the cardiovascular system. It leads to an increase in the flow of blood and reduction of strain on the heart and arteries. This thereby lowers the likelihood of developing atherosclerosis, heart attacks and strokes.